Due to continued expansion we are seeking a Network Operations Engineer to be based in our Leamington Spa, Warwickshire offices.
Reporting to the Head of Managed Security Services, you will be involved in supporting our client’s environments.
We provide annual support and maintenance contracts for customers, and are looking to recruit a candidate that is capable of providing 3rd line support for our client base. A successful candidate will be both a strong communicator and will enjoy working in a lively office environment. The candidate will be required to respond to customer support queries, and either work to resolution themselves, or pass it to a Senior consultant. The candidate will "own" all support queries, and will be empowered to ensure that they are followed through to completion. The technology areas that will be supported include:
- Firewalling (experience with one of the following firewalls - Cisco, CheckPoint, Palo Alto) inc VPN, next generation security and IPS/IDS
- Security Products (Filtering, content checking, DDOS, 2 factor)
- LAN and WAN Links
- Storage & Backup
- Microsoft Services
- Vulnerability Management
- PCI or ISO compliance knowledge/experience.
- An ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP with demonstrable experience of this area
- Understanding of Cisco IOS with demonstrable experience of this skill
- Understanding of Firewalling concepts with demonstrable experience of installing Firewalls, supporting firewalls (understanding the rules & policies behind firewalls)
- Understanding of VPN technologies with previous demonstrable experience of installing and working with VPN technologies
- Demonstrable previous experience of working with Server/Storage/Microsoft skills
- Client facing / consultancy skills with previous experience of supporting a helpdesk function at second or third line enquiry
- Previous experience of managing client solutions either on site and face to face with the client or by telephone in a helpdesk scenario to a least second line support and ideally to third line support
- Experience of providing 2nd or 3rd line support to a wide range of external customers as well as internal support to colleagues
- An ideal candidate will have the following professional qualifications (or equivalent):
- A solid understanding of offensive and defensive security
- Experience within a security focused support role
- Computer Science Degree 2.1 or above (or equivalent)
- CCNA or CCNP-Security in order to deliver the Cisco focused network solutions to our client base
- Palo or Checkpoint firewall certifications.
- Other Security Qualifications
- MCP or MCSE